Although the Center is not a degree-granting entity, it provides educational opportunities for traditional and returning students, as well as for continuing education.
- Graduate student research
- Undergraduate student research experiences
- Development and implementation of STEM opportunities for K-12
- Continuing education for individuals such as science teachers
- On-site training experiences for land managers
- Internships in web design, GIS, outreach development, community outreach
Training provided through the Center may be for noncredit, or for credit through established academic programs. In the future, the potential exists for providing individuals participating in more extensive activities to receive certification on completion of training.