A hidden gem at Purdue University Fort Wayne is the Native Tree Walk along the St. Joseph River. In a collaboration between Purdue Fort Wayne Marketing, Facilities and the ERC, there is a new and improved the web site for the Tree Walk. The site provides a wealth of information about the native trees we have. Lots of photos, some natural history, and location information. More to come!
The Sustainability Coordinator works collaboratively with Purdue University Fort Wayne constituents including administration, faculty, staff, students and community partners to develop, coordinate, promote and celebrate effective sustainability initiatives to reduce the impact of the University and regional community on the environment. The Coordinator will advance the University’s mission to engage with the community, to advance the development of the region through the integration of teaching, service and scholarly research and to develop students’ talents and prepare them for success. Specifically, the Coordinator will work with constituents to provide knowledge, skills and motivation to integrate sustainability into strategic planning, relevant facilities planning and student directed activities. The Coordinator will work closely with the Director for the Environmental Resources Center (ERC) and the Director of Facilities Management to support sustainability initiatives within best practices, creative endeavor, and the needs of the local community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of life science, environmental science, food systems or some other area that strongly aligns with principles of sustainability
- One year experience in relevant field
- Working knowledge and passion for the concept of sustainability and awareness of the central issues and controversies in the discourse on sustainable development
- Knowledge of sustainability principles and best practices
- A commitment to sustainability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Social media skills
- Analytical and planning skills
- A collaborative, enthusiastic approach
- A commitment to diversity and ability to work with all constituents at a diverse institution
- Comfortable with all Office suite application
- Familiarity with university academic environment
Interested parties can contact Bruce Kingsbury (Bruce.Kingsbury@pfw.edu) with questions, but ultimately must apply online via one of the following links.
Candidates internal to Purdue Fort Wayne would apply at:
Let’s talk about it!
UPDATED MARCH 24. The program is drafted and we are tying up loose ends for the Saturday April 6th, 2019 event. All of the details are at consconv.org. The Conversation will be a day of speakers, displays and hands-on demonstrations about regional ecology, the environment and sustainability. The intent of the event is to facilitate dialogue about the opportunities and challenges for conservation among local and regional organizations and other stakeholders efforts in our growing community, and work towards collaboration with partners for the best outcomes for the quality of life in our region. The audience is comprised of the general public, representatives of a variety of organizations and agencies, and the faculty, students and staff of Purdue University Fort Wayne. The day ends with a wonderful dinner featuring sculptor Sayaka Ganz. RSVP here, and shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!